Friday, December 20, 2019

Favorite Non-2019 Movies of 2019

I'm going to wait another week or so before writing up my favorite movies of 2019, as i want to give myself just a little more time to try and see some more stuff.  But, i also saw a lot of older movies this year, and a few of them, six to be exact, really stood out.  So, here are my favorite movies that didn't come out this year.

6. 3 Women (1977)
Sissy Spacek and Shelly Duvall in an understated character study from Robert Altman made during his heyday.

5. Bad Moon (1996)
A '90s werewolf movie that works really well, filled with some fun practical effects and a good, good boy.

4. Out of the Dark (1988)
It's a sleazy serial killer/slasher flick about a clown-masked madman who kills sex phone operators.  Like i'm not going to love this.

3. Personal Shopper (2016)
An atmospheric ghost story with Kristen Stewart that i liked way more than i would have imagined.

2. Four of The Apocalypse (1975)
Before coming across this gem on Prime, i had no idea that Lucio Fulci made a Spaghetti Western.  I wish he'd made a lot more.

1. The Addiction (1995)
I can certainly dig on some Abel Ferrara movies, but for some reason, had never even heard of this one until earlier this year.  I checked it out late one night while the family was sleeping and LOVED it.  A moody, black and white feature about drug addiction and vampires, that had i seen as a teenager when it was released, would have become an obsession.  Easily my favorite non new release of the year.

So there's a week of lists for all you maniacs out there.  I'll be back after Christmas with some new movies i adored this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment