Thursday, July 4, 2013

Found Vinyl: Synergy - Sequencer

I've never really been sure what it is about the synthesizer and the compositions created for the instrument that just grab me by my ears and brain and won't let go.  In some ways i think it's linked to my enjoyment of classical music (which i credit solely to years and years of watching old cartoons scored with classical compositions).  I also think that being a movie person (even as a little kid), and growing up in the 80's when synth-scores were the norm (before their more recent revival), just warped my brain to where nothing sounds quite as good as an old analog synthesizer.  And so we have the works of musician and composer Larry Fast who spent over 10 years cranking out albums as Synergy.  The 1976 album "Sequencer" is a lovely work of art, a canvas of synthetic sounds that create a blinking and moving landscape.  Take a listen to "Sequence 14."



Nice stuff.  The whole record is really just a classical composition as performed by robots.  I love it.  Listen to "S-Scrape."



And finally, here's "Cybersports."  Oh yeah.


Happy 4th of July!  Enjoy some nice synth-jams, and remember, this is what the future was supposed to sound like.

No comments:

Post a Comment