Monday, June 10, 2019

Daily Jam - Bastards of Young

Like a lot of people who grew up in the '80s and '90s, i was pretty much glued to MTV for much of my childhood.  And while plenty of those old music videos have faded in my memory as my own kids turn my brain into mush, i still vividly remember the first time i saw the video for The Replacements' "Bastards of Young."  The one-take, black and white, mostly still shot image of a faceless person just smoking and listening to a record before kicking the shit out of the speaker has stayed with me, the antithesis of so many other big budget videos that came out of the era.  I loved it.  I still love it.  And it got me listening to The Replacements which is always a good thing.  Check it out below, our Daily Jam.


No comments:

Post a Comment