Wednesday, June 26, 2019

Daily Jam - Shade and the Black Hat

Sunny Day Real Estate were one of my favorite bands in high school.  At the time, short lived and defunct, they felt like one of those bands that belonged only to me.  Of course this wasn't the case, especially given the excitement when they reunited a couple of years later when i was in college.  I was stoked alongside the rest of the crowd watching the band perform at Liberty Lunch in Austin, and i greedily bought up everything they deemed worthy to release, both as a band and as solo artists.  One of those solo releases was Jeremy Enigk's "Return of the Frog Queen," an alt-rock record recorded with an orchestra that may or may not be about Jesus.  I don't know.  I do know that it's a lovely record, and that the dramatic penultimate track "Shade and the Black Hat" is our Daily Jam.


No comments:

Post a Comment