Saturday, December 23, 2023

Alabaster DePlume

Here's a wonderful and melancholy new Christmas song from experimental jazz artist Alabaster DePlume that serves as tribute to Refaat Alareer, the Palestinian poet and professor who was killed by an Israeli air strike earlier this month.  DePlume shared the following statement with the track as well:

At this specific time, may I reach you with appreciation, for I admire you for living, and I come to tell you I believe in you. I have faith in you. You are humanity and this time is in your hands. You survive moment by moment, while crimes are committed against you. And there is no state that can defeat you, no nation state, authority, project nor organisation on this earth can ultimately deny you, humanity. I am reaching to you with my love, and this little Christmas song, where at this time I feel grief. In case it voices a grief for you too, I love you.

Check out "Gifts of Olive" below and download it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment