Thursday, December 21, 2023

And Now...My Favorite Movies of 2023 (That Didn't Come Out in 2023)

I feel like i probably watch more movies than the average bear.  Not uber-cinephile levels or anything, but i watch a movie (or more) almost every single day.  Even then, i somehow manage to miss things that i should have seen years ago.  And since COVID made working from a home (most of the time) a thing for me, i've been trying to rectify some of these misses of the last three and a half years.  Here are 10 that i really liked in 2023.


1. After Hours (1985)


2. Blue Collar (1978)


3. Body Heat (1981)


4. Body Parts (1991)


5. California Split (1974)


6. Cop Land (1997)


7. The Last Detail (1973)


8. The Manitou (1978)


9. Matewan (1987)


10. Thunderbolt and Lightfoot (1974)


I probably could have put more on this list, but i'm tired and need to put some thought into my favorite movies released this year.  I'm going to try and squeeze a few more in before New Year's Eve.  Be on the lookout for my favorite movies of 2023 in a week or so.


1 comment:

  1. Love this list. Plenty on here I haven't seen, either. You can't watch it all, right? I do love After Hours, though. In an era where everything was a love letter to NYC, I feel like this was the opposite.
    Can't wait to read the rest of Your year-end lists!!!

    ReplyDelete