Thursday, April 11, 2024

Daily Jam - Fold in the Floor

Some days, with everything going on in the world, writing about music seem so quaint and meaningless. And yet I do it anyway. It creates some degree of normalcy I guess.

That being said, here's a lovely track from shoegaze band Bethany Curve's 1998 album Gold. I went through a shoegaze Renaissance period of sorts when I was in my late teens during the post-grunge era, consuming anything I could from then current purveyors of the genre back to the originators from a decade prior. "Fold in the Floor" was one that always stuck with me at that time, a perfect example of the scene (albeit a Californian one), moodiness as expressed through layers of guitar, reverb, and echoed vocals, a floating lullaby. When researching the artist for this article, I was pleasantly surprised to discover that the four-piece is still around and making new music. Bully to them and much thanks for providing me with an ear worm for the last 26 years.

Listen below, our Daily Jam.


No comments:

Post a Comment